Guest blogger Lindsey Sloan: What Spring Sing means to me

Spring Sing hostess Lindsey Sloan (far left) smiles for a selfie with her fellow hosts and hostesses during Spring Sing 2013.

Upon graduating high school, you are constantly being convinced your college years are some of the best years of your life. When reflecting on the past four years of my life, I can honestly say that truer words have never been spoken. On Aug. 19, 2010, I left everything that I had ever known in small town Willard, Mo., to embark on what has been one of the single greatest blessings I have ever received; I began my time at Harding University.

After pledging Zeta Rho during the fall semester of my freshman year, I chose to participate in Spring Sing with TNT, Zeta Rho and friends. This was such a great avenue for forming new and lasting friendships, and, little did I know, would also hold such a huge place in the make up of my Harding experience. I was elected to direct my club’s Spring Sing show my sophomore year and was selected as a hostess for Spring Sing both my junior and senior year.

The lessons, friendships, growth, love and memories that have come as a result of this annual event are immeasurable and even more irreplaceable. To have the opportunity to participate in an event that is so much bigger than all of us is more than I could have ever asked for but is something that I am forever grateful to have received.

— Lindsey Sloan, senior communication sciences and disorders major

Tags: ,