Where in the world: Kory Jones

Name: Kory Jones
Classification: Senior
Major: English with teaching certification
Hometown: Decatur, Texas
Studying at: COE-HUS (College of Education in Scotland, a five-week summer program for pre-student teachers.)

HU: What is your current location?
KJ: Larbert, Scotland

HU: What has been your favorite experience you’ve had so far?
KJ: My favorite experience has been observing in the schools. The kids are fabulous, the teachers are so helpful, and the staff is so friendly. It’s been such a great experience to be in the school and see a different style of teaching.

HU: What is your favorite photo you’ve taken so far?

11637841_10205614089845259_305684272_n

KJ: This photo is my favorite photo so far. It was taken behind the Van Loom house in Amsterdam. It’s a garden — a rather large one — that is one of many hidden behind the houses that line the canals. It was so beautiful and peaceful that I fell in love and I wish it would have fit in my suitcase.

HU: If you could go back right now to before you left and give yourself a piece of advice about the trip, what would it be?
KJ: It would be to stay calm. When things go wrong (like being delayed in airports for two days), it’s important to remember that everything will be OK and you will eventually get to where you’re going. It just might not be the way you expect.

HU: What are you most looking forward to during the semester?
KJ: I am most looking forward to free travel and “The Sound of Music” bike tour! I am a huge fan of “The Sound of Music,” and I can’t wait to get to Salzburg and see the hills.

Stay tuned for more profiles on students as they experience the opportunity Harding provides in unique cultures and extraordinary sites at the University’s international programs.

Tags: ,