Where in the world: Dylan Sherrill

Name: Dylan Sherrill
Classification: Junior
Major: Double major in accounting and management information systems
Hometown: Little Rock, Arkansas
Studying at: HUF

HU: What is your current location?
DS: The Villa (Scandicci)

HU: What has been your favorite group trip in Italy?
DS: My favorite group trip was Cinque Terre because we went to the beach and had a devo by the sea that evening.

HU: What has been your favorite place you’ve traveled outside of Italy?
DS: My favorite place outside of Italy so far has been Prague on first free travel. It was my favorite because it felt like an old town city on the outside but was incredibly modern inside buildings.

Photo courtesy Dylan Sherrill.

HU: What do you love most about Florence?
DS: I love Florence for its heritage and dedication to remembering it. Because it is the birthplace of the Renaissance, it has a responsibility to carry on the legacy even hundreds of years later.

HU: What has been your favorite meal in the villa?
DS: My favorite meal at the villa is pasta with white sauce as the appetizer and pork with mashed potatoes and green beans as the main course. For dessert it was fantastic when it was someone’s birthday because they would serve a special cake from a bakery. And the best part is unlimited pasta and water.

HU: What’s your favorite thing you’ve purchased for yourself?
DS: I haven’t purchased my favorite thing yet, but I will be soon when I visit St. Andrews in Fife, Scotland. It is the birthplace of golf, and I will be getting a polo from their pro shop.

HU: What are you most looking forward to in the next weeks to come?
DS: I am most looking forward to lovely English speaking people in the UK but mostly because my favorite city is London, which I visited three years ago.

Stay tuned for more profiles on students as they experience the opportunity Harding provides in unique cultures and extraordinary sites at the University’s international programs.

Tags: ,