Where in the world is Kendra Stevenson

Name: Kendra Stevenson
Classification: Junior
Major: public relations / Spanish minor
Hometown: Dexter, MO
Studying at: HUG

HU: What is your current location?
KS: We are in Rome catching a flight back to Athens after a week of free traveling all over Europe.

HU: What has been the most interesting thing that has happened on your journey so far?
KS: It started on day two in Barcelona. Our next stop was Dublin, and we were catching a flight to London then connecting to Dublin. Our first flight became delayed six hours because the plane was literally broken, and this would cause us to miss our flight from London to Dublin. We had no idea what to do. We had two nights stay, a tour scheduled in Dublin, and our next flight leaving from Dublin. We looked up flights directly to Dublin from Barcelona just to see what came up, and sure enough, there was a flight straight there that didn’t depart until 10:50 p.m. with eight empty seats. God has a good way of showing us He’s really in control and looking out for us. We took off scrambling through the airport to purchase, print and check-in (for the second time) for our flight. We eventually made it on a plane, and we all slept straight through that flight. We arrived in Dublin around 1 a.m., and we could not have been happier. We laugh about it now, but at the time it was complete chaos.

HU: How many pictures do you think you’ve taken as of now?
KS: 2,500 — easily.

HU: What is your favorite photo you’ve taken so far?

13350333_10207346756202276_7957978526842131753_o
KS: It’s so hard to choose a favorite photo from this trip because I have seen so many places that are absolutely beautiful. I’ve also seen so many places that speak to me in such beautiful ways as well. I think this picture best describes the beauty of Greece. This spot is known for the best sunset in Greece. It’s located in Sounio where the Temple of Poseidon is also located. It is definitely the most spectacular sunset I have ever seen, and I try to constantly remind myself how blessed I am to have this opportunity. Whenever God paints pictures for us to enjoy, I try to stop and reflect on my experiences and remember what our overall purpose is in this life. This was one of those opportunities, and I am continually reminded of how great our God really is.

HU: What is the most delicious thing you’ve eaten so far?
KS: Lemon gelato. I cannot get enough.

HU: What are you looking forward to the most about coming back to the U.S.?
KS: Flushing toilet paper

HU: What has this experience studying abroad taught you?
KS: I am not in control of anything. I love knowing what’s going on at all times everywhere we go. I love controlling all the tickets, times, information — everything. But all airports, all train stations, and pretty much everywhere in Europe runs on its own time. I have had to learn to let things go, to trust others in knowing what they are doing, to be more flexible and to roll with the punches, and more importantly to be thankful for this opportunity because so few are able to have it.

Tags: ,