Senior reflection: Cordell Zalenski

2016-145-0588

Student athletes at Harding have the opportunity to develop relationships with coaches and team members. Senior Cordell Zalenski is reflecting on his time at Harding as a member of the football team as he prepares to graduate in December.

“I am thankful for my football brothers and friends, my family from church, and my coaches and the faculty here at school that I have met,” Zalenski said. “The future looks bright thanks to them.”

As a student athlete, Zalenski has spent more than a dozen hours a week with his coaches and teammates. Fostering friendships with the players has helped change his worldview.

“I have been able to get a different perspective on the world and my faith from my brothers on my team, who come from all sorts of different backgrounds,” Zalenski said. “That would have been impossible to obtain without them.”

Zalenski said he has also grown close with the faculty and coaches he has encountered during his time at Harding. The people he has met have shaped his Harding experience.

“The coaches and faculty have made my time great, and they have been great examples to me and what living for Christ can look like,” Zalesnki said. “I have gained more family here as well, so I will always be able to call Harding my second home thanks to them.”

Savanna Distefano, intern